Monday, September 18, 2006

Poems Galore

Quilts by Nikki Giovanni
This is such an intriguing analogy about self value and life's struggles. I really enjoy Giovanni's style and hope to find a lot more from her.

The Star by Ann Taylor


The Last Flight by Kabir
There is a very interesting story behind this author from India. This site includes an English translation included that made me question how true to the original meaning poetry is after being translated..

Fancy by John Keats
Keats seems to take a certain view on women in his poems that I'm not sure that I appreciate...

There's A Moon Inside My Body by Kabir

Buffalo Bill's by E.E. Cummings
I'm not exactly sure whether I appreciate this poem or not. The style is unlike any other that I have ever read and I enjoy it. However, its message I am interpreting in too many differnt ways..

Maggie and Milly and... by E.E. Cummings


April Rain Song by Langston Hughes

All All and All by Dylan Thomas

A Fairy Song by William Shakespeare

I played Titania in a production of "A Midsummer Night's Dream" and this piece is dear to me because it brings me back to an exact moment in time.

Carpe Diem by William Shakespeare

Sonnet 102 by William Shakespeare

Safe Sex by Donald Hall
* This is one of those titles that makes the body of this piece jump out and the eerie ending has me guessing...

1 comment:

Allen Webb said...

Hey, Lindsey, I see you have some great classics here. I didn't know the Keats poem so I read that one. And I am usually intrigued by e.e. commings -- the Wild Bill poem was interesting. I think I see why you are not sure if you like it or not! The ending is a bit bold, talking directly to death. I wonder if Keats was almost suggesting that the character was too big for life or death? My great grandfather was a friend of Wild Bill Hickock...