Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Digital Stories and Family History

If I can get this digital story program working so that I am able to access it enough I am very excited to use this system for my final project. I have always been excited about the thought of incorporating family history, photos, and stories in the classroom and making actual productions out of these stories. After speaking with a friend about how fortunate we are to still have four grandparents with us I have been thinking more and more about this type of lesson in my future classroom. Not only because I believe that young students need to become more aware of their family's history but also because that this type of assignment could help the younger generations respect their elders and hopefully invest more time into the history of things. So many young students are lost in a world that they have the slightest idea about its depth, its people, and where we are now. With war affecting more and more people in a very direct mannor I find family history and stories to be so very important. I hope that through digital story telling I can give my best effort in this attempt.

No comments: