Wednesday, April 11, 2007

English and Technology

After listening to actual instructors speak about implementing the technology tools that we have become familiar with in their own classroom I find myself becoming very excited of the thought of being an educator that is skilled in the world of technology. Before taking English 1100 and English 5790 I was very stubborn about the use of technology and personally felt very discouraged to try to implement technology in a lower ed classroom.

Coming from a small, rural town, my middle school provided the bare minimum of technology and the one single brand new computer lab that was used by every single class within our school. Time was very limited and only the computer technician was familiar with what technology had to offer.

Now, I am inspired to not only implement, but to also make sure that technology is available for me to use. I am excited about teaching my students that the "mouse potato" world that they will have grown up in can make learning more entertaining. I am excited to show them that their interests, intellect, and hard work can be displayed and viewed with just the click of a button. Many young students are already more skilled in the world of technology as me. But through continued education and a lot of time spent with different programs I hope to become an educator of technology as well.

I hope to teach middle school students how to enrich literature and writing with technology. I want to experiment with different learning styles. I want to use technology to enrich my English/Language Arts classrooms.

No comments: