Monday, April 30, 2007

In regards to Blogging...

I find that through blogging an individual is able to express themselves and voice their opinion. However, I do feel that blogging could be done in a manner that displays more feedback and encourages more discussion between bloggers. Even for our class I know that it wasn't as easy as I would have hoped that it was for me to avidly blog. I wasn't as engaged in the blogs of everyone in my class. I did not feel like I was an essential part of the blogging world. Maybe that is why many users like it though? Because it is not as intimidating when comments are somewhat private and not displayed along with the blog? I'm not quite sure what need to be or even could be done but it seems like this format could be revamped and create a community where students are actively involved in discussing what they are doing now, what they did before, and what they have left to do. I still believe that blogging could be very effective in a middle school classroom and am excited to incorporate it into a unit and see what/how they were able to do with it.

No comments: