Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Podcasting

As I prepared to create my podcast I researched online to try and find advice on creating a podcast. However, what I found was many interesting sites that did not include advice on podcasts, but rather they were advice on specific topics. I thought that navigating through podcasts was a bit more difficult to find the specific material that I was researching. This made me question if avid Podcasters had considered making a navigation system through the process of podcasting and podcast "types" / categories. It seems as though podcasts are always connected to something. What if there was a directory for a specific type of podcast on a given subject?


One good piece of advice that I found from "Podcasting Advice from Spencer Critchley"was the below comment that I found useful...

Another skill podcasters can learn from radio is how to write for the ear rather than the eye, Critchley says. “There's a lot to unlearn about writing long, multi-clause, abstract sentences like we're taught in school,” he explains. “Instead, radio writers write short, active-voice sentences using concrete nouns, punchy verbs, and very few adjectives or adverbs.”


This is an interesting idea incorporating a lot of what we talked about in class...
http://www.blogarithms.com/?n=Main.AudioProcessing


Another tip that many sites had was to include video with your podcast. And this may be a very good idea for some types of podcasts...
http://videos.webpronews.com/2006/11/16/podcamp-podcasting-advice-with-chris-brogan/

No comments: